Votes

Home page buttons improvements

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-15 15:28:32

Display more buttons

The Home page buttons are way too big and therefore waste too much space. I would like the ability to choose how many buttons are displayed in the horizontal direction and how many in the vertical direction. For the horizontal direction, this could be a number between 1 (list view) and 4 (2, 3, 4 = grid view). For the vertical direction, the app could offer three button height settings (narrow, normal, big).

Make buttons narrower

I feel in grid view the buttons are too tall and waste space. It would be better to make them a little less "tall" to save space.

Do not group buttons by type, and add custom separators

This applies to the 3.x beta, where buttons are now grouped by type (Lights, Groups, Plugs, Cameras, etc). Maybe I don't want that kind of grouping. Mabye I want my buttons grouped by room, or by whatever else I choose. Instead, it would be better to enable users to add horizontal separators with an editable title. This would enable users to create any kind of grouping that suits them.

Allow manual sorting

In the 3.x beta app the buttons are only sorted alphabetically—not good. In the stable 2.x app users can arrange buttons manually, although there are no groups. I prefer to arrange buttons manually, like in the 2.x app. However, the 2.x app is missing functions to "Sort A-Z" and "Sort Z-A".

Tap the button to toggle on/off

At the moment, to toggle a smart bulb or a smart plug on/off, the user must tap on the small round power button (small area). To edit the button, the user can tap anywhere else on the button (large area). I feel this is not ergonomic. The large area should be devoted to the more-frequenly performed action (toggling power state), while the small round button should be devoted to the less-frequently performed action (edit). Currently this is the wrong way round.

Meanwhile, in the Smart > Shortcuts page, the small button is for Edit, and the large main body of the button triggers the shortcut. This is the right way round. Furthermore, button operation should be the same everywhere in the app, but now we have many types of buttons, each working in a different way.

Allow editing shortcuts directly from the Home page

In other words, without having to go to the Smart page first.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Home page buttons improvements
2023-09-18 08:29:05

@RandyAndy 

Hello Randy, 
Thank you for all your feedback here, we certainly appreciate your feedback and feature requests.
While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if these features can come to the product or when they might, I'll log the feature requests and pass them along to the team to evaluate.
If other users have the same request, please vote on this thread or leave your comments.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 190

Replies: 1

Voters 1