@Home_Cameras This is a MUST

Options
RE:Need to change Wifi SSID without resetting the Cameras
2 weeks ago
Seems pretty basic, it's silly to need to request this feature
Options
Re:Need to change Wifi SSID without resetting the Cameras
2 weeks ago

@Solla-topee we just want to be able to change the wifi network of the camera without having to factory reset and re-install the thing. I have a new network, I want to connect to existing camera to the new wifi, but I can't because the network settings aren't editable. That's ridiculous. What internet device doesn't allow you to change the connection settings?!

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

Ridiculous that this feature ain't there in 2024. Would have found the lack of it acceptable in the early 2000s.

You make even networking equipment, is it really required for us to tell you why it's unacceptable to change the Wi-Fi a device is connected to without resetting it?

Options
a week ago
I also want to be able to choose different WIFI SSID's. I have 2 systems in my home to choose from where I connect to the internet and have to switch my camera's also every once a week
Options
a week ago
This is a MUST. It's ridiculous that you cannot change the Wifi connection configuration without a physical reset of the camera. You might have it already installed several meters above your head in a hard to reach spot and when you switch Internet Providers...
Options
Re:Need to change Wifi SSID without resetting the Cameras
a week ago
The use case is this: you may have it already configured and connected to the Tapo app. But you switch ISP and need to set new WiFi credentials. The camera is already installed somewhere you don't have easy access to. So it must work via the app. Maybe something like: camera stops seeing the Wifi network is has configured, tries to reconnect for X number of times or X minutes, then enters reconfiguration mode (restricted to only the account that already owns it) while still tries to reconnect. If it was a temporary glitch of the original Wifi it will reconnect once available. If not, the user will eventually use the app to change the Wifi configuration.
Options
Friday
These cameras definitely need this feature. I don't want to lose my cloud recording if I need to change the WiFi settings. Please add a feature to change WiFi networks without haveing to reset and start all over.
Options
13 hours ago - last edited 13 hours ago

I am waiting for a solution without resetting to change the Tapo C510W V1 wifi network.

A-Y-D-I-N
Options
3 hours ago
This should be a prioritized feature that many other competitors already have.
Options

Voters 58

+ 54 Voters

Tags

WIFI SSID Reset