1-mth old C210 Cam stopped recording 4h ago

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-25 08:54:06
Tags: #C210
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 2.15.011

Hello,

My C210 Camera installed a month ago stopped recording 4h ago and it has a 256gb SanDisk SD card in it. Both camera and card are brand new. Please can you advise what can be done as I use the camera to monitor my elderly father who needs fall precaution measures.

I monitor the camera from overseas so a hard reboot on the device physically is not feasible.

Thank you,

Yen.

Options
5 Reply
Re:1-mth old C210 Cam stopped recording 4h ago
2023-03-27 07:21:04

@Yenory 

Hello, thank you for the feedback. Can you be more specific about the problem? It will be helpful for us to identity the problem for you.

Do you have Tapo care subscription? Please confirm if you are talking about the cloud video or the local recordings. 

If it is the issue of local recordings, what type of video are you recording? Motion Detection video? Or continuous recordings? You can check if the SD card Recording Schedule is set up properly. 

You can try to reboot the camera remotely with Tapo APP, see if it helps. Camera liveview->Camera settings->check the bottom, REBOOT CAMERA. (Don't select REMOVE CAMERA.)

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-03-28 01:12:22

@Wayne-TP 

Hi Wayne,

I have motion detection and detection recording enabled. The camera has a 256gb SD card recording locally on the device from 9/Mar till date of incident (same time as my post here).

I was checking the recording and accessing playback, only to find that there were no footage for almost 4h since then.

Hence I researched online and decided to put it up on this forum.

I thought it needed a reset and asked my Helper to press the reset button which means now the device is removed. Not ideal as the next time I am back physically is at the end of this year. Didn't know I can do a remote reboot and was worried it will disconnect me or remove any previous recordings.

Firstly, why will the recording cease and what should I have done in the first place?

Now that I've removed the device, can I share my Tapo account login with a trusted member of my family to search and connect to the device on Bluetooth? After which, will it show up on my same account/app on my phone here in the UK?

P/s- I have yet to subscribe to Tapo Care yet and may do so now to mitigate this situation.

Thank you.

Wayne-TP wrote

@Yenory 

Hello, thank you for the feedback. Can you be more specific about the problem? It will be helpful for us to identity the problem for you.

Do you have Tapo care subscription? Please confirm if you are talking about the cloud video or the local recordings. 

If it is the issue of local recordings, what type of video are you recording? Motion Detection video? Or continuous recordings? You can check if the SD card Recording Schedule is set up properly. 

You can try to reboot the camera remotely with Tapo APP, see if it helps. Camera liveview->Camera settings->check the bottom, REBOOT CAMERA. (Don't select REMOVE CAMERA.)

Options
2023-03-29 08:16:50

@Yenory 

If the recording schedule is set to record the motion detection events, you can only see the videos when the motion is triggered. Did you receive the detection notification? If not, it's most likely there was no movement during that period. 

Once the camera is removed, you will need to reconfigure the camera with your account. How to set up the Tapo camera

If you need to find someone to help you reconfigure your camera, please pay attention to your account security. Tapo APP provides a security feature, the Two-Step Verification, FYI. Making Your Account More Secure: Introducing Two-Step Verification (2FA) for the Tapo App

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-03-29 10:21:04

Hi  @Wayne-TP 

Yes, the motion detector is enabled and it is like how I wanted - recording during motion/person detected. What happened on 23/3 was that a specific time onwards, there were no recordings despite the SD card having storage space, the loop recording is enabled to overwrite when the SD card is full, and motion/person did get detected. Is there any way to look on your backend at my products and see what could be the root of the issue?

RE: having someone help with reconfigure my camera - yes, I am aware of the 2-step verification thanks. If someone locally uses their app to temporarily help me link my camera device so that I can sync it on the same account to my phone in the UK, will I lose access again if they uninstall the app on their phone?

Since you mentioned motion detection, it appears that I now have set to low-sensitivity. Yet it is always detecting the ceiling fan in motion and thus the camera angle in my recordings end up only showing the ceiling view, rather than my Marked Position scene. Any way to get around this?

Many thanks Wayne!

You have been super helpful!

Wayne-TP wrote

@Yenory 

If the recording schedule is set to record the motion detection events, you can only see the videos when the motion is triggered. Did you receive the detection notification? If not, it's most likely there was no movement during that period. 

Once the camera is removed, you will need to reconfigure the camera with your account. How to set up the Tapo camera

If you need to find someone to help you reconfigure your camera, please pay attention to your account security. Tapo APP provides a security feature, the Two-Step Verification, FYI. Making Your Account More Secure: Introducing Two-Step Verification (2FA) for the Tapo App

Options
2023-04-04 02:15:36

@Yenory 

Have you reconfigured the camera? How's the recording now? This issue might be just an incident and we're not able to tell more when the camera is already removed. 

You can log in the same TP-Link account on different phones and the camera won't be removed if you uninstall the APP. 

Do you have the motion tracking feature enabled? If so, as long as the camera screen covers the fan, and the fan is moving, it will trigger the tracking function and it can not be avoided. You can try to adjust the camera location or disable the motion tracking feature. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 424

Replies: 5

Tags

C210
Related Articles