No internet access on client device when connected to VPN, local network accsess only

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No internet access on client device when connected to VPN, local network accsess only

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-17 15:51:10 - last edited 2023-03-17 15:52:57
Tags: #VPN #WAN Setup #ER7212PC
Model: ER7212PC  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: ER7212PC(UN)_V1_1.0.2 Build 20230202

Hi everybody,

I have a Client-to-Site VPN running on my ER7212PC.

This works perfectly fine on my iPhone, however I can only connect to local devices.
Access to the internet is not working and that is annoying since I have to disconnect from the VPN to access internet resources.

I read the documentation but nothing is mentioned regarding additional configuration to access the internet.

Any suggestion and/or information on this more than appreciated.

Cheers,

Peter

Options
5 Reply
Re:No internet access on client device when connected to VPN, local network accsess only
2023-03-20 08:35:00

Hello @Peter_V ,

May I know what kind of the VPN you set?

L2TP/PPTP/Open VPN?

Did you enable "send all traffic over VPN connection" on the iPhone?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:No internet access on client device when connected to VPN, local network accsess only
2023-03-20 10:31:49

@Hank21 

Hi Hank21,

Thanks for your reply.

It's L2TP type and yes, i swap that "switch" on iphone which say "send all data through"

Any idea ? 

Options
2023-03-20 11:25:15

@Peter_V 

May I need create new rules in Setting - > Network Security and/or Transmission ? Routing, NAT ?  

Options
2023-03-21 02:37:30

Hi @Peter_V ,

Peter_V wrote

May I need create new rules in Setting - > Network Security and/or Transmission ? Routing, NAT ?  

Generally speaking, it is not necessary, if you enable " send all data through ", it will work.

It is advisable to confirm if the iPhone connect to L2TP Server successfully, can you see the VPN tunnel on the ER7212PC?

Can you test the VPN on different clients like another phone or PC?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-03-21 09:47:47

Hello  @Hank21 ,

Last night is just upgraded to the beta firmware (1.0.3 Build 20230228 Rel.11357) since that is working as should, but on other hand with this firmware the controller GUI is very slow, and the settings menu does not appear fully for a long time from login. 

I just seen, you shared an official version ER7212PC v1 _1.0.3_Build 20230314, so i just update to this one at this moment.

Cheers,

Options