EAP653 V1 with firmware WPA3 Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-26 19:50:36
Tags: #Firmware Update #SSID 5Ghz
Model: EAP653  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

Hello All.

I have the following setup.

- ER605 V2 - Firmware  2.1.0

- SG2008P V3 - Firmware 3.0.4

- EAP653 V1 (US) - Firmware 1.0.1

- Omada Controller 5.7.4 on a NAS Docker Container

The issue arises when I upgrade the EAP653 to the firmware 1.0.4 when Omada Controller told me that it is available. The problem is that the 5.8 Ghz network (using WPA2-PSK/WPA3-SAE with AES) dissapear the SSID from my whole my apple devices:

- Macbook Pro M1

- Macbook Air M2

- iPhone 12

- iPad Pro 3rd Gen

I tried everything, rebooting the devices, rebooting the entire network gear.

Weird thing is that my set top box from Cable provider is still connected to the AP (i presume that using WPA2, can´t dig inside) and my wife´s Ipad Air 2nd gen also works at 5.8Ghz.

No matter what i did, 5.8Ghz network is invisible to the devices.

When i rolled the config to exclusively use WPA2 via TKIP the 5.8Ghz SSID becomes visible again

Since i was using with WPA3 without issues with FW 1.0.1 I download the firmware from TP-Link site and rolled back to the previous version. Once i rolled back, the AP reboot and reprovision itself so i re-enable the WPA3 security mode, push to the AP and voila! all the apple devices stars to work again with the 5.8 Ghz SSID without a hiccup.

So i think that something is not working fine in the 1.0.4 firmware please take a look inside the FW and if possible, pull out until it is revised.

Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 330

Replies: 0

Tags

Related Articles