Votes

Manually Activate Siren

Votes

Manually Activate Siren

14 Reply
Re:Manually Activate Siren
2024-08-20 13:19:12

+1

Besides the manual "burglar deterrent" use case described above, I use this feature in other cameras to "ring" my kids when they are using headphones and do not respond to audio messages through the camera. Also to attract the attention of my elderly, hearing-impaired parents. Only then they realize I am saying "pick up the phone, please" over the camera.

Thanks for this feature request!

Options
2024-08-23 02:28:06

@bandaangosta Considering my Tapo C110 which has separate siren & light options as part of the alarm feature, I would like to complement my previous reply, also supporting the request for manual light activation, for the same use cases described. It is a more gentle way to call for someone's attention, for example when a baby is asleep. Maybe this should be a separate feature request?

Options
RE:Manually Activate <span class='search-highlight'>Siren</span>
2024-09-07 20:41:57
This feature would be very welcome and useful.
Options
3 weeks ago

@hpp8140 

This is one of the must have which is missing from other competitive brands. in that case; a user can check live view (just like that or on notification) and trigger alarm only if required. An option just like "calling" in live view; a button for "Instant Alarm"; which activates the alarm on request.

Options

Voters 15

+ 11 Voters