Please help with my set up - 7 days of issues - can't solve it

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-19 19:55:03 - last edited 2022-10-21 06:26:10
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 5.0.8

I would really appreciate any help with this as I'm losing my mind. 

I have a router (from original ISP - virgin media), connected to a poe switch which is connected to three ethernet cables going to 3 ceiling eap225s around the house. Using the software controller, I can see all of them connected, however my wireless goes in and out multiple times each minute. It works for a bit then stops, then works, then stops - very unstable. I have two ssids on mesh. One for my smart light switches which is 2.4ghz and the other for normal day to day devices on 5ghz. All devices are on dhcp. 

What am I doing wrong? I'm sure it's a simple setting or something I haven't considered. 

Thanks in advance. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Please help with my set up - 7 days of issues - can't solve it
2022-10-21 06:25:02

@aruncc 

If this problem has existed since you first installed these antennas, then it is recommended that you check your current network environment for possible congestion and interference problems.

It may be a good idea to change the different channels.

Try adjusting the channel width to 40M.

You may take a look: How to optimize wireless performance of EAP products

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Please help with my set up - 7 days of issues - can't solve it
2022-10-21 17:25:47

@aruncc 

Verify that the EAPS 225 label says for EXAMPLE, EAP225(US) V3 or EAP225(EU) V3.

If you find such information, you must enter the tplink page where you find the support, in the Firmware section, you must find one exactly the same, you must search for all those that are from the country of manufacture of the product, for example (US) and also the version of the equipment, for example V1 or V2....

it is extremely important that you also verify that OMADA CONTROLER, previous versions or SDN versions, is fully compatible with the version of EAP 225 you are using.

When you download the OMADA Software version, verify that your EAP is in the supported list.

I think from experience you must have this problem.

Also verify that the POE Switch complies with passive or active poe (802.3 af / at)

Verify that the poe switch has the necessary power to keep on the consumption of the requirement of the sum of the 3 EAPS or any connected device.

for instance
EU: 10.5W
US: 12.6W

X3 EAPS = 40W minimum

Luck!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 337

Replies: 2

Related Articles