Unable to login to iOS app after upgrade to 5.0.30

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-26 21:00:32 - last edited 2022-01-27 01:46:23
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.30

I'm running the controller inside a docker container and it's worked fine for months. I updated to 5.0.30 this afternoon. Everything else seemingly works fine. I can log into the controller through the web.

If I remove the controller from the app and add it back in it will login. This is the only time it works in the app now. iOS settings are enabled to discover network devices and I uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Options
9 Reply
Re:Unable to login to iOS app after upgrade to 5.0.30
2022-01-27 14:39:30

I discovered this morning if I uncheck the 'Auto Login' option in the 'controller info' it will login. I'm assuming this is a bug of some sort.

I noticed when in the Controller - Local Access page, underneath the title it says 'You've not connected to a WLAN'. I'm not sure if that is relevant. I am connected to the local network.

Options
2022-01-29 01:30:51

Dear @nightshark,

nightshark wrote

I discovered this morning if I uncheck the 'Auto Login' option in the 'controller info' it will login. I'm assuming this is a bug of some sort.

I noticed when in the Controller - Local Access page, underneath the title it says 'You've not connected to a WLAN'. I'm not sure if that is relevant. I am connected to the local network.

When you are connected to the WLAN network, are you obtaining Dynamic or Static IP address (and DNS address) on your iOS phone?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-02-04 20:16:10

@Fae 

It is dynamic.

Options
2022-02-09 03:45:31

Dear @nightshark,

nightshark wrote

It is dynamic.

Thank you for your confirmation.

We have run multiple tests with Linux Controller and iOS App v4.2.10, trying to reproduce the issue but failed.

To confirm, are you still able to steadily reproduce the problem at present?

Have you already contacted the TP-Link support team via email for assistance, and what's your ticket ID (the TKID number)?

The engineer may want a backup file of your controller to do further tests, if you have emailed the support, I can help to escalate your case to the senior engineer directly for further investigation.

Please feel free to let me know if I can be of any further help here.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-02-13 06:37:18

@Fae 

Yes, it is still ongoing. Ticket is TKID220132516. 

Options
2022-02-14 06:21:51

Dear @nightshark,

nightshark wrote

Yes, it is still ongoing. Ticket is TKID220132516. 

I've escalated your Ticket (TKID220132516) to the senior engineer, who will follow up with your case directly via email later.

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, I'd encourage you to share it with the community.

Thank you so much for your cooperation and support!

Options
2022-02-23 00:55:27

@Fae I'm running into the same issue. Has there been any progress on identifying the bug?

Options
2022-02-23 01:47:43

@Fender My support ticket is still open. Hopefully we will hear something soon. 

Options
2022-02-23 02:35:07

Dear @Fender,

Fender wrote

@Fae I'm running into the same issue. Has there been any progress on identifying the bug?

It's still under investigation. I'd like to escalate your case to the TP-Link support team for further follow up.
They will reach you via your registered email address shortly, please pay attention to your email box later.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1005

Replies: 9

Related Articles