Using One Hardware Controller with Site-To-Site VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-19 05:33:26
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I believe I've purchased enough hardware to setup a Site-To-Site VPN connection between a headquarters and a site location.

For the HQ, I've got one hardware controller, one switch (TP-Link TL-SG2210P V3) , and one VPN router.

For the remote site, I've got one switch (TP-Link TL-SG2210P V3) , and one VPN router.

In order to manage all of hardware on the remote site, do I need to buy a second hardware controller?  Or will the new hardware be available in the Omada cloud interface once the VPN Site location is up and going?

I initially started with setting up via Auto IP Sec, but I can't seem to figure out how to initially setup the site hardware.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/3049/

This explains the Manual IP Sec configuration, but I wasn't sure if I go this route if everything within each site is avilable to be managed in Omada, or if I'll need to purchase hardware for each site.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/3051/

Options
1 Reply
Re:Using One Hardware Controller with Site-To-Site VPN
2021-12-20 09:23:29

Dear @nick-4liberty

nick-4liberty wrote

I believe I've purchased enough hardware to setup a Site-To-Site VPN connection between a headquarters and a site location.

For the HQ, I've got one hardware controller, one switch (TP-Link TL-SG2210P V3) , and one VPN router.

For the remote site, I've got one switch (TP-Link TL-SG2210P V3) , and one VPN router.

In order to manage all of hardware on the remote site, do I need to buy a second hardware controller?  Or will the new hardware be available in the Omada cloud interface once the VPN Site location is up and going?

No, actually you don't need to get second controller in remote site.

You can check this FAQ, more details here will help you: How to manage Omada devices at different sites across Internet using Omada Controller?

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 580

Replies: 1

Related Articles