Connecting an EAP245 to Apple Airport Express

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-29 13:03:40 - last edited 2020-11-02 06:58:18
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1

Hello,

Wondering if it possible to connect (via Cat 6 cable) a EAP 245 to my Apple AirPort Extreme for the purpose of extending the WiFi network created by the AirPort  Extreme?

Right now I have both units set up as individual WiFi Networks and I do not find this very elegant as you have to select which Wifi Network to connect to depending on where you are in the house...

As an additional point, if I need to provide power to the EAP can it be setup using PoE using PoE switch?

Would the connection sequence be: Internet into Airport Wan connection, Cath 6 cable from LAN port of Airport to PoE switch, PoE switch Cat6 cable into EAP 245?

Thank you

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connecting an EAP245 to Apple Airport Express
2020-11-02 06:44:27 - last edited 2020-11-02 06:58:18

Dear @PierreMatteau,

Wondering if it possible to connect (via Cat 6 cable) a EAP 245 to my Apple AirPort Extreme for the purpose of extending the WiFi network created by the AirPort  Extreme?

Yes, it is possible. The EAP245 is a wireless access point that turns wired LAN into wireless LAN.

Right now I have both units set up as individual WiFi Networks and I do not find this very elegant as you have to select which Wifi Network to connect to depending on where you are in the house...

Perhaps you can try setting the EAP245 with the same SSID and password as the existing WiFi.

As an additional point, if I need to provide power to the EAP can it be setup using PoE using PoE switch?

Would the connection sequence be: Internet into Airport Wan connection, Cath 6 cable from LAN port of Airport to PoE switch, PoE switch Cat6 cable into EAP 245?

Yes and yes.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Connecting an EAP245 to Apple Airport Express
2020-11-02 09:00:38

@PierreMatteau 

thank you, let me try.

Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 568

Replies: 2

Related Articles