Problem with omada controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-07 19:24:49
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello i have 2 problems that i really need a solution.

1st Problem.

I have 2 eap225 already setup in omada controller in my office.

One is working as access point and the second one wireless mesh.

I relocated them in a construction site connected them to another router and everything worked fine. I have ip cameras on them to monitor the construction site.

Now i need to add another eap225 also as wireless mesh. So i brought my laptop that had the omada controller on it, connected wirelessly on the Wifi but the controller says devices are disconnected. Why is that? It is a big problem for me  to connect my laptop on the router with ethernet thats why i connected wirelessly. 

So i need you to help me to get the controller to see my 2 devices,

and now for the second problem after i get to see the devices i need to add the third eap225 as mesh. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Problem with omada controller
2020-10-09 09:28:59 - last edited 2020-10-09 09:30:58

vaggosk7 wrote

So i brought my laptop that had the omada controller on it, connected wirelessly on the Wifi but the controller says devices are disconnected. Why is that?

Because you did disconnect the EAPs from the controller when moving them to the construction site. The EAPs will automatically re-connect to the controller when it becomes online again.

Note that it is not recommended to use Omada Controller wirelessly. If you change wireless parameters, the controller gets disconnected again from the EAPs.

What's more, it's recommended to run Omada Controller all the time if using a mesh network, else you lose the biggest advantage of a mesh, that's automatic re-configuration of the mesh network in case a single mesh uplink fails.

Omada Controller is not just a configuration utility (albeit you can use it that way if you really want to). Thus, I recommend to use an OC200 hardware controller at the construction site. This will even allow you to manage EAPs over the Internet through the TP-Link cloud, so no need to visit the construction site to just adopt another EAP.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1403

Replies: 1

Related Articles