TL Wa7210N probems in connection AP mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL Wa7210N probems in connection AP mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
22 Reply
Re:TL Wa7210N probems in connection AP mode
2018-03-10 21:57:33

R1D2 wrote

Let aside Internet for a moment. Check step by step what is working and what is not working and why.

Use static IP addresses for all devices during the test, do not use DHCP (even later on use static IPs for stationary devices, but double check that there are no IP conflicts).

Obviously the IP has been set to static and DHCP server only active on he main modem/router

Wirelessly connect station C to AP2.

no prob in doing this, conection between the 2 AP is active and witout issues
Check wether you can ping AP2 from station C with its built-in ping.

unable
Check wether you can ping the main router from station C, again with built-in ping.

unable
Check wether a laptop connected to the station C can reach station C, AP2 and the main router.

Yes i can Ping the C station, via Lan and via Wifi (with Static IP), under C building Wifi (provided by the APXX)
Check wether the DHCP from the main router assigns an IP to your laptop (set it to DHCP to test) still connected to the LAN port of station C.

Nope, i think that the problem is at this point
Then check wether an indoor APX (not a wireless router!) connected to the LAN port of station C can ping all of the above.

i can only ping what is under this network, APXX, C station...
Then check wether your laptop connected wirelessly to the indoor APX can ping the main router, again with a static IP and also using DHCP.

unable, seems that there's no communication between C station and AP2

Then - and only then - check wether you can ping an Internet site (e.g. Google DNS at IP 8.8.8.8) over the whole link.
Next, check wether DNS is working as expected. If it does, you can load web sites.

NOPE NADA ZERO...
If any of the previous ping test fails, you don't need to test for web/Internet access, it's broken at some point.

internet access is functional if i directly connect tot AP2, unavailable if i try to connect under C building network (via LAN directly from the station, or Wireless if outside)

It makes no sense to test Internet access before having checked the whole chain laptop ))))(((( indoorAPX <----> stationC ))))(((( AP2 <----> main router as described above.[/QUOTE]

i suspect some sort of conflict but how is it possilbe is DHCP are active only on main modem (which IP is 192.168.1.1, while AP2 has 192.168.0.254 and C station 192.68.0.253, but this, i guess, is not a problem)

i spent the last 4 days watching video guides and reading walktrough reagarding this, my setup seems to be correct..

i'ts quite impossible for me to reset the C station from reset button as is located on the roof and the only way to get there is to rent a moving platform or use a 12mt ladder...

just a quick question... in which modes LAN port on 7210 is active (i connect a laptop and i get internet connection)? on range extender/repeater mode?

can you define the prameters that needs to be active or not to properly configure a p2p? (just because at thispont i trust you more than guides)

[edit] if i set it to repeater and then connect LAN to APXX everything work perfectly.. the problem is 100% into C station config on the other operation mode..
Options
2018-03-11 00:33:46
this is weird...
if in Wifi advanced I set "external antenna" (instead of vertical/horizontal) everything works..
i can ping all the steps...
the actual setup is Bridge with AP (on C station) and then a router (with dhcp enabled- if i deactivate it, no connection), tried also with the APXX and is working as well (but with dhcp disabled)..

can you explain me why??
Options
2018-03-11 00:43:59

The Riddle wrote

i suspect some sort of conflict but how is it possilbe is DHCP are active only on main modem (which IP is 192.168.1.1, while AP2 has 192.168.0.254 and C station 192.68.0.253, but this, i guess, is not a problem)

This is indeed a problem if testing those stations for connectivity and probably for DHCP, too, since Linux systems usually use 192.168.1.255 for broadcasts (the WA7210 is running Linux). Set them to a free IP in the main router's subnet (and note the 192. 168... instead 192. 68... for station C).

i spent the last 4 days watching video guides and reading walktrough reagarding this, my setup seems to be correct..

You can proof this with ping. If it does not work, it isn't correct.

just a quick question... in which modes LAN port on 7210 is active (i connect a laptop and i get internet connection)? on range extender/repeater mode?

It's active in any mode, but in some modes it works as a LAN, while in others (e.g. AP router mode) it works as a WAN.

can you define the prameters that needs to be active or not to properly configure a p2p? (just because at thispont i trust you more than guides)

Just set a static IP in the same subnet and try with AP mode on one WA7210 and client mode on the remote WA7210. For the client you perform a WLAN survey and lock it to the AP. If you can ping both devices, then continue with fine-tuning the link, setting WPA keys etc.

[edit] if i set it to repeater and then connect LAN to APXX everything work perfectly.. the problem is 100% into C station config on the other operation mode..

Technically client mode is the same as repeater mode except that the latter enables another virtual interface working in (local) AP mode, too, while client mode does not enable an additional AP. However, in repeater mode other problems arise, so I don't recommend this mode. But if you can live with it and it works, then use it - but beware of hidden node problem if traffic increases.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2018-03-11 19:45:19
What about the External antenna thing??
give me your opinion on this as is the strangest thing ever..

and... deeply tested the connection yesterday, still experiencing disconnection (need to restart the C station)

i start hating these devices
Options
2018-03-12 09:33:01

The Riddle wrote

What about the External antenna thing??

For this distance you don't need an external antenna, but if you use one, select "External Antenna" in the menu. Should be a directional antenna with appropriate antenna gain and impedance. Also make sure that both WA7210 are exactly aligned to each other (you can see signal strength on the LEDs of the client device).
Options
2018-03-12 21:14:50

R1D2 wrote

For this distance you don't need an external antenna, but if you use one, select "External Antenna" in the menu. Should be a directional antenna with appropriate antenna gain and impedance. Also make sure that both WA7210 are exactly aligned to each other (you can see signal strength on the LEDs of the client device).

Only when I select EXTERNAL ANTENNA the entire chain works, if i set vertical or horizontal no ping, no internet..

...in this condition i still experience the issue of disconnection: need to reset C station, every hour as it lost the pair with AP2, and in 2 days i had to reset also AP2 for the same reason
Options
2018-03-14 03:30:15

The Riddle wrote

Only when I select EXTERNAL ANTENNA the entire chain works, if i set vertical or horizontal no ping, no internet..

...in this condition i still experience the issue of disconnection: need to reset C station, every hour as it lost the pair with AP2, and in 2 days i had to reset also AP2 for the same reason

It seems that your devices are broken. Did you use them in the past without proper grounding?
Options
2018-03-16 00:32:52

R1D2 wrote

It seems that your devices are broken. Did you use them in the past without proper grounding?

hemmmm...never grounded...do you really think this can be part of the problem or cause malfunctions/frying??

by the way, i've played with IP, now main modem is in the same range (was192.168.1.1, now 192.168.0.1)
reserved .252/253/254 for the other antennas,
activated IP watch dog on the AP2 to the StationC IP ..so i solved any eventual problem (i hope so ), do you advise me to do the same thing on the StationC to AP2??

Now i can ping and manage all the steps with no problem and i do not experienced any problems except a couple of fast disconnections...

i tried again the antenna orientation under wireless advanced: External antenna, very low signal (from 11 to 20 db) Horizontal antennna good signal (from 50 to 68db), Vertical antenna, nothing.. no signal no connection... i kept horizontal but i'm still do not understanding what's wrong...

i finally see the light...

i'll activate the remaing APs as soon as possible and we'll see....
Options
2018-03-17 01:42:21

The Riddle wrote

hemmmm...never grounded...do you really think this can be part of the problem or cause malfunctions/frying??

Definitely yes. Back in times when computer systems did cost about $25,000 and access to the Internet did use standard telephone lines, a lightning hitting a tree near a phone line destroyed my CPU board by electrostatic discharge through an (indoor) modem connected to the system. I once saw even a TOP-500 supercomputer crashing due to lightning, b/c it did not have filters in the main power supply, whereas an identical second system powered through a filter did still run. Fortunately, the second system did only crash, but was not destroyed.

Now compare this to electronic components in outdoor areas. Always ground outdoor equipment or risk damage of even indoor devices connected to those outdoor devices.

by the way, i've played with IP, now main modem is in the same range (was192.168.1.1, now 192.168.0.1)
reserved .252/253/254 for the other antennas,
activated IP watch dog on the AP2 to the StationC IP ..so i solved any eventual problem (i hope so ), do you advise me to do the same thing on the StationC to AP2??

Sure, it seems to have been the problem with failing pings.

i tried again the antenna orientation under wireless advanced: External antenna, very low signal (from 11 to 20 db) Horizontal antennna good signal (from 50 to 68db), Vertical antenna, nothing.. no signal no connection... i kept horizontal but i'm still do not understanding what's wrong...

In case of TL-WA7210 both devices linked together always need to be set to the same antenna polarization.
Options
2018-03-17 23:48:17

R1D2 wrote

Definitely yes. Back in times when computer systems did cost about $25,000 and access to the Internet did use standard telephone lines, a lightning hitting a tree near a phone line destroyed my CPU board by electrostatic discharge through an (indoor) modem connected to the system. I once saw even a TOP-500 supercomputer crashing due to lightning, b/c it did not have filters in the main power supply, whereas an identical second system powered through a filter did still run. Fortunately, the second system did only crash, but was not destroyed.
Now compare this to electronic components in outdoor areas. Always ground outdoor equipment or risk damage of even indoor devices connected to those outdoor devices.[/quote]

i know.. my area i famous for these kind of problems, we put a surge arrest device and continuity group to prevent, all the line is under this, so i think i do not need ground the antennas, no Telephone line is used for connections ad we are under a Wimax (Wisp) repeater.

Sure, it seems to have been the problem with failing pings.

in fact once i did this setup no more problems (i took a while but at the end... )

[QUOTE]
In case of TL-WA7210 both devices linked together always need to be set to the same antenna polarization.

Vertical- Vertical no connection
Horizontal (or External)-Vertical all ok....

an other question (sorry for bothering you), try to figure out the scenario of the PtP (so AP sender, Bridge receiver)..
may I hook (via lan to the Bridge's Router) an other 7210 and set that as range extender or AP?
how do i will manage theIP in this case??

TIA
Options
Related Articles