Scenes don't work with KP303 power strip

2024-07-30 05:39:39 - last edited 2024-07-30 05:40:53
Model: KP303  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.11

Hi all, I've observed a recent malfunction in a setup that has otherwise worked for more than a year. I've tried a few troubleshooting steps to no avail. I'm hoping to get some help to fix this, or a recommended course of action.

I have a KP303 power strip. I have Plug 1 and Plug 2 on it in a group called "All Indoor Lights", and have set up a couple of Scenes that turn this group on and off respectively.

Recently, these Scenes will work for all the devices in the "All Indoor Lights" group, EXCEPT for Plug 1 and Plug 2, i.e. the ones on the power strip.

Troubleshooting steps and fix attempts I've taken:

• The direct switch controls on the app for the plugs work.
  • Toggling the "All Indoor Lights" group directly on the app works - all the devices, including the power strip plugs, turn on and off as expected.
  • Executing the Scenes that control the "All Indoor Lights" group will work for all the devices EXCEPT the power strip plugs
    • An error message appears: "Scene Failed. Failed to execute this scene for the following devices: - Plug 1, - Plug 2"
  • Tried removing the power strip from my account in Kasa app, resetting the power strip, and re-adding the power strip to my account. Nothing has worked to fix the problem with Scenes.
  • Tried removing and re-adding the power strip in Tapo app as well, no difference.

This is a pretty weird regression, since switching the plugs on the power strip through the app works through all features EXCEPT Scenes. Appreciate any help to solve this.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 94

Replies: 0

Related Articles