Re:Geo-fencing home/away mode needed
Wednesday

@WHLjR 

Notifications on your phone you mean? 

No notifications but still recording? 

Options
Wednesday

@Deefty I would still like to have the cameras on while I'm home (they can be recording or not) but I do not need notification on. Only when i'm away do I need notifications on.

Options
Wednesday

@WHLjR 

I think that you would need an extra app for that. Assuming that you're an Android user, here is what ChatGPT advised me based on your request:

Good luck :-) 

------

Yes, there are several apps on Android that can help you deactivate notifications based on your location, such as when you're at home. One of the most popular and versatile apps for this is Tasker. Here's how it can help:

1. Tasker:

Tasker is a powerful automation app that allows you to create customized triggers and actions. You can set it to turn off notifications for specific apps based on your location (e.g., your home).

How to use Tasker for location-based notification control:

1. Install Tasker from the Play Store.

2. Create a new "Profile" with the Location context.

3. Set your home location as the trigger.

4. Create a "Task" that deactivates notifications for the specific app.

5. Optionally, set another "Profile" to turn notifications back on when you leave your home.

2. Llama (Location Profiles):

Llama is another automation tool that can manage your phone's settings based on location. It's simpler than Tasker but might be enough for your needs.

It uses cell towers for location detection, which consumes less battery than GPS.

You can configure it to silence or disable notifications for specific apps when you're at home.

3. Macrodroid:

Macrodroid is a user-friendly automation app with many features similar to Tasker but with a simpler interface. You can easily set up location-based rules to disable notifications for specific apps.

Steps:

1. Install the app from the Play Store.

2. Create a "Macro" that uses your location as the trigger.

3. Select an action to mute or disable notifications for the app you want.

4. Do Not Disturb (DND) with Google Routines:

If you only need a basic option, Android's built-in Google Assistant Routines can enable DND mode at certain locations (like home), but this won't be specific to one app unless combined with another app like Tasker.

Each of these options provides the flexibility to manage notifications based on your location and customize behavior to suit your needs. Tasker is highly recommended for advanced control,

while Macrodroid and Llama offer simpler alternatives.

Options
Sunday

@Deefty 

But....the online option u have is to enable or disable privacy mode, not puting the camera in actual "Away mode"

Or is it me not understanding....

Options
Sunday

@Clownen72 

Yes, it is very poor wording by Tapo to call it enable and disable privacy mode. Privacy is the wrong word and poor concept. We are not choosing to give up privacy when leaving home. We just want to Activate or Deactivate the camera. Other security brands call it Arm or Disarm

Options
Monday

@AJK747 Solved.

On IOS there is 'Focus' mode which you can designate apps to turn off notifications via location.

Thanks for your attention on this.

w

Options
Related Articles