Kasa 3-way switch acting improperly

Thursday - last edited Thursday
Model: Kasa HS210  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.10

I have a three way switch set up for my outdoor flood lights.  There are two switches for these lights, one in the bedroom and one by the front door.

The Kasa three way switch is installed in the bedroom and is connected to the Kasa App as well as Alexa.

The problem is that in both the Kasa and Alexa apps as well as Alexa voice commands, it turns on *and* off by setting it into the 'On' position.

So here's what happens:

1.  I set the Kasa app to 'On' and the lights come 'On'

2.  I hit the button to turn the lights off, the button grays out, but the lights stay 'On'

3.  I hit the button a second time and the button lights up, but the lights go 'Off'

4.  I hit the button a third time and the button grays out, and the lights remain 'Off'

5.  I hit the button a fourth time and the button lights up and the lights come 'On'

Repeat ad nauseum.  

Essentially turning the lights 'Off' via the app does nothing, but alternating the lights 'On' will turn them off an on.

Using Alexa, saying 'Outside On' will turn the lights on.  'Outside Off' does nothing.  'Outside On' then turns them off.

We have tried both these methods (Kasa and Alexa) with the second, non-smart switch in the 'On' and 'Off' positions.  Same result.

As such, if I'm away from home, there's no way to tell if 'Outside' is on or off as the 'On' light could indicate either one.

Help!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 17

Replies: 0

Related Articles