Unknown WiFi Network Showing Up in my new home

2024-09-01 14:03:34

Hello, I have an Unknown WiFi Network  Showing Up in a new build home I bought. I do not know what it is broadcasting this. The weirdest thing is its my full names intials with a few numbers behind it and the network is "open" for anyone to connect to it.

I have a lot of issues when I purchased the home and going to them to try and feature out what this is won't help.

I do also notice there is a community wifi available showing up as well but that is locked and not open. I don't know if that accessible to the community.

I have downloaded multiple apps to locate this and it shows closet -254 away as I move around my house the number changes , mac address E8:9f:6d:db:ad:15 manufacturer espressif. I am using fiber internet by Att

and there is a gateway that i'm hooked to. I own a lot of bulbs,plugs and smart devices but at this time none of thiss is powered on or plugged up. 

I have an old phone and I can try to connect to this. Also i have a thermostat and garage opener that are smart but i haven't set any of that up.

Please help me try to figure out what this is.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Unknown WiFi Network Showing Up in my new home
2024-09-01 19:21:13

@ChrisMs 

On other sites, people are reporting IoT devices from this company such as EGO, some bulbs, water sensor,...

If you can black list it, try that and see what stops working.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 125

Replies: 1

Related Articles