USB HDD storage

USB HDD storage

11 Reply
Re:USB HDD storage
a week ago

@BrianB61672 

Well, Secure Sharing requires you to enter a P/W and if you DO NOT enter one, then the 'sender' will be denied access to the USB. One problem though, not everything can handle the REQUEST for a P/W. I know from Experience, that VLC and other video programs ignore that. Also my ';Smart' TV.

Possible some versions of Windows and/or Router have similar problems.

I have Network problems with my Router, BE65... and I can see the other PC's, but can't get access (also with P/W sharing turned off). Oddly, the USB on the router ALL PC's can see and access that USB connected 4TB drive.

I suspect MS dropping the Master Browser is the cause. SInce the router is always on, it IS the Master Browser, but it seems W11 can't handle that. Could be the SAMBA code in the Router, not sure, but it might need to be what it is some the router would work on a Mac network or even older MS OS's?

Still, it seems you have a network problem, No P/W's required and you can see the share but not access it? if so, I wonder if something is set on the USB drive? Take it back to a PC and run CHKDKS on it? Maybe some corruption on it?

Then take it back to the Router and with it pliugged in, reboot the router, and see if that helps....

You can also go to YouTube and search for "Share and Access USB Storage in TP-Link Router' and see a video of how to set it up on the router and use it (with permission set).

Not sure it might help as my router doesn't look the same for USB sharing.

Options
Related Articles