Issue with 1 of 8 switches

2024-07-10 04:29:00

I just installed and setup 7 switches with no problem. A combo of dimmer and regular. 

In one room, I have a a HS200-BL (rest are the white color) that will not transmit its local TPlink network address during the set up. Outside of that everything seems to work. But I can't complete the Add Device setup because there is no TPLink address to select. 

I've restarted and reset the switch (also to factory), and restarted my modem and router. 

All to no avail. Any ideas?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Issue with 1 of 8 switches
2024-07-10 18:14:45

@CoolCheech 

The HS200-BL uses bluetooth in the steup process so there would be no default network like the other HS200s.  That should be why you don't see a default network like with the other switches.

Options
2024-07-10 18:20:40

@Carl 

Thanks. Is that a new thing? Do they make a black switch that has the same setup as before?

or is the functionality still exactly the same through WiFi and only the setup is different ?

Options
2024-07-10 18:25:38

@CoolCheech 

Yes its fairly new.  Its common for our Tapo product line but has recently been introduced in our Kasa line as well.  The HS200-LS and HS200-BL as they are fairly new follow this new setup process.  They will not support the old process though.  The reason for the change is we have found, especially with our Tapo brand that customers have a much smoother setup experiance with Bluetooth rather than traditional wifi.  BT is only needed during the setup process, so if you are like me and don't like to keep it on you only need to have it only during the setup.  Once setup is complete you can then turn BT back off. 

Options