TP-Link Tapo C120 2k QHD Outdoor Audio issue
TP-Link Tapo C120 2k QHD Outdoor Audio issue
2024-07-08 02:56:41
Tags: #MIC Audio
Model: Tapo C125  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.15

Hello,

I have seven of the Tapo C120 Indoor/Outdoor cameras the forum does not have that model listed and requires a model for some reason so I chose the C125 just to make this post as it is the closest to my model.

I was wondering if there was a firmware available for the C120 camera that either disables the noise canceling capability of the built-in mic or at least minimizes it? I use these cameras outside and if I am standing within 3 feet then the mic pics up the audio just fine but if I am any further than that the mic cuts out almost all audio and any audio loud enough only kicks the mic on for just a few moments and then goes quiet again. All seven of the c120 cameras I am using operate in the same manner and have similar firmware versions or at least say they are currently updated to the latest version.

I have already adjusted the settings in the Tapo app to max mic and speaker volume and it makes no difference. It also makes no difference whether I am recording to the cloud, 24/7 onto microsd, or motion activated.

Thanks,

Chris

Options
4 Reply
Re:TP-Link Tapo C120 2k QHD Outdoor Audio issue
2024-08-02 01:57:54

@Chris-D I have the exact issue you have.  My C120 is mounted in front of my garage and the noise cancelling is so aggressive that it picks up little to no coherent sounds.

Options
2024-08-05 17:59:47

@Chris-D same issue as well.  The issue actually resolved for me with the 1.15 firmware, but now with the 1.21 the mic is back to being unusable.

Options
2024-08-11 19:00:48

@Acee I agree. This camera is practically perfect for what I am using it for except for the audio issues. Could be an easily made fix even if they gave an option to adjust mic noise canceling or give an option to turn it off completely in the app.

Options
21 hours ago

Issue persists.  Is there no NA support?  Do we need to go to the UK forums to get problems solved?  Their forum looks like customer support actually exists there.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 299

Replies: 4

Tags

MIC Audio
Related Articles