Kasa KL400L Smart Light Switch - add a Y cable to the controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-19 17:52:20

I purchased the  I Kasa KL400L Smart Light Switch kit and want to add a Y cable to the controller.  I can't seem to  find one that connects to the Kasa controller plug.  Has anyone found an adapter or a Y cable for the Smart lite strip controller

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa KL400L Smart Light Switch - add a Y cable to the controller
2023-11-20 23:49:27

@JP12,

I will need to check for sure, but I believe that the Y is provided when looking at the longer cable lengths KL400L10 vs KL400L5, as they are not one long chain of lights and instead are two separate rolls. Using other cables is not officially supported under our warranty, but you may find other posts where users have found similar cables that work with our lights. Also, before going down the path of splitting your signal, please verify your model is a KL400 and only supports 1 color along the entire length of strip. Light strips with control over zones must be used with their included cables and controller.

Options