TPLINK, PLEASE FIX YOUR SERVER OUTAGE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-15 23:37:09
Model: HS105  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: latest

Since yesterday, some of my HS105 plugs have not been accessible through Google Home. After quite a bit of head-scratching, I realized this has to do with the plugs not managing to reach TP-Link's servers. The plugs cannot be turned-on/off through the Kasa app when I'm away from home but they *do* work fine when I'm at home. In other words, local wifi works but internet-based communications do not.

Also, weird things happened when I tried to add/remove the plugs in the Kasa app. After removing them, all of them would connect fine to my wifi network but would then say I need to enable remote control but then said "your device has no internet" when I manually tried to enable remote control. Even more weirdly, sometimes when I retried to connect for remote control, a device would sometimes disappear from the list. And I just now tried it again and got a "network unstable" type of message which I had never seen before.

As you can probably tell from the other posts here, quite a few people are suffering from this issue so please fix this asap!

Thanks

-Panos

Options
13 Reply
Re:TPLINK, PLEASE FIX YOUR SERVER OUTAGE
2023-11-16 00:10:15 - last edited 2023-11-16 00:24:53

@pzompolas 

I am having the same problem, exactly as described here except with HS103 V3 hardware (V1.0.4 firmware).  I have 16 HS103 plugs, four with V3 hardware and twelve with V5 hardware.  All 4 V3 HW versions stopped working (with google home) yesterday.  I can turn them on and off from the local network using the Kasa app.  Tried factory resetting (removing and re-adding) all 4 of the V3 devices and they come up with the same prompt to enable remote connect, and then when you try to, "your device has no internet".

I have *not* tried with the 12 V5 hardware versions as they are working fine and don't want to risk them.  Instead ordered new ones from Amazon to replace the 4 older ones.  Just throwing $ at the problem.  But if this is a wide-spread problem with Kasa servers, then not sure if the new ones will work either...

Odd that the HS103 V5 hardware (V1.0.8 firmware) continues to work.

Options
2023-11-16 00:52:18

I have exact same issue when adding two new plugs. The plugs are the same type that are currently working, however.

Options
2023-11-16 01:06:08

Same issue here. Also have the problem with some KP400 outdoor smart plugs. 

Options
2023-11-16 01:22:12 - last edited 2023-11-16 01:23:18

Same issue on numerous devices.  Deleting and re-adding only makes it worse.  There is a toggle for remote access  after re-adding the device and it keeps saying "can not connect to server" when toggled. Tried with multiple networks including basic hot spot.  Same results.  All signs point to an issue on the TP-Link side.

Options
2023-11-16 01:46:27

@DexLabs 

same problem here with Christmas light outdoor TP400 plugs. Stopped working last night. 

when I try to add them to my Alexa they add and then show as unresponsive 

Options
2023-11-16 02:38:51

@pzompolas @TKMan @Nadam1214 @DexLabs @Wrobinsoniii 

Have you guys tried to power cycle the smart plugs? (Unplug and replug the device) 

@TomKasa If you're able to configure the plugs successfully but fail to enable Remote Control, please also try to power cycle the devices.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-11-16 03:18:43

@Wayne-TP 

Yes I powercycled.

Yes I even set the stupid things back up again.  But on my TP link powerstrip there is a section at the top that says "remote control" - it won't let me enable it and says   "     can not connect to server"

So how about someone in YOUR datacenter powercycle something?

Sorry for the attitude but when I just set the stupid thing back up and realize that the reason it wasn't allowing me to say "Alexa turn on" was your problem not mine, I get in a frustrated mood.

Options
2023-11-16 04:35:18

@Bitzie man I thought I was the only one with this issue. Been trying everything the last two days. Now all my plugs are not accessible remotely. 

Options
2023-11-16 04:55:49

@Wayne-TP Hello,

Yes, I have power-cycled several times. And did soft and hard resets (5 seconds and 10 seconds) on all plugs. And I have not only power cycled the smart plugs but everything else, too, inclduing the router and my cellphone. Nothing works. Like everyone here is saying, the plugs work on local wifi but not remotely.

This appears to be an issue on your end so please talk to whoever you need to talk to on your end. You have the usernames of the people here who reported issues and, therefore, can find our accounts and device information. You should be able to use that and see if there's a pattern there. Perhaps only specific models/versions are affected?

I should also mention that, in the last hour, I've been seeing some of my plugs randomly appearing and disappearing in the Kasa app. The device list is kept on your servers, so this is further evidence that something's wrong on your end.

Thanks

-Panos

Options
2023-11-16 06:42:47

@Wayne-TP 

I'm having the same problem. Started last night. The plugs are showing up as offline on the kasa app. I have unplugged and replugged. I tested my wifi, no problems.

Status light on the surge is solid white.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1281

Replies: 13

Related Articles