C4000 Router used as Wireless Bridge drops connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-08 15:45:06
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

I have this used this router as a traditional router for awhile and it worked great, no real issues.

But I swapped out for one with better range and wanted to use the C4000 as a Wireless Bridge (have a bunch of older products hooked into it via Ethernet ports of the C4000).

However I need to turn the C4000 On/Off everytime there is a longish break in use.

Not sure if there is some sort of sleep mode the Router goes into.

Here is the video I followed in initially setting up the Bridge Mode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zDveYYo2JY

Disclaimer: Total Network newbie here but once the Router is put into this mode, even when working fine, the IP of the C4000 is unreachable (I can't access the Admin mode) and doesn't even show up in the Host Router.  I did some research and this seems to be normal but makes it impossible for me to dig deeper with my limited Network experience.

tks,

Ty

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 366

Replies: 0

Related Articles