I reset wifi password, now none of my KASA plugs recognize wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-13 23:53:35
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I own about 5 KASA HS103 plug ins.  They worked flawlessly.  Today I decided tochange password on my wifi router.  Now I cannot get any of my 103's to work.  I've gone through new setup a dozen times with each of them.  Add a new device, plug it in....get the flashing orange/blue lights.  Check to see that I'm connected to my wifi and the thing just spins and spins and will not connect.  All other devices in my house connected perfectyly with new password.  I'm frustrated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:I reset wifi password, now none of my KASA plugs recognize wifi
2023-06-14 08:34:57

@GeneM 

If you are stuck in the step of connecting to WiFi network when reconfiguring the plug, you can refer to step 4 of this FAQ: What should I do if I fail to configure the ​​​​​​​Kasa device?

Did you see any error messages?

Please ensure the plugs are reset correctly before the reconfiguration. 

To reset the smart switch/plug to factory defaults:

Press and hold the reset button until the Wi-Fi LED blinks amber rapidly (about 10 seconds) to reset the Smart switch to factory defaults.

Be aware that the Kasa HS103 is a 2.4GHz device, if your home network is a 2.4GHz and 5GHz mixed WiFi that only broadcast one SSID, try to separate a 2.4GHz WiFi and reconnect the plugs.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 704

Replies: 1

Related Articles