Kasa smart bulb compatibility with verizon 5g internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-16 22:26:18
Model: LB130  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I recently switched to Verizon 5g home internet and am having some caompatibility issues when setting up the bulbs. When I switch to the Kasa Tp Link wifi network I cannot acces the internet. Any suggestions or any experience with this issue? Same problem occurs with my smart plug strips.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa smart bulb compatibility with verizon 5g internet
2023-05-17 17:53:39

@IvanCzek,

This is the design of those networks. The network from the Kasa Bulb is only a connection directly to your phone, and the bulb does not have a connection to the internet at this stage. 

These networks are only used while the devices are being set up and will be disabled after the plug successfully connects to your Wi-Fi network. Please go through the setup in the Kasa app, which will either automatically connect you to this network, or will prompt you to manually connect during a step of the process.

I would recommend unplugging all your smart devices that are not yet configured and reconnecting them one at a time for setup. This way there will only be one setup network available at a time. If you are having trouble setting up the device, you may try a soft reset to reset the network connection of the smart device., especially if it was connected to your previous wireless network

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 734

Replies: 1

Related Articles