Cloud Services OK?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cloud Services OK?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Cloud Services OK?
Cloud Services OK?
2022-11-07 05:47:03 - last edited 2022-11-08 06:09:30
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Cloud services OK fella's?  Been seeing some really weird behavior today.   It's almost like the cloud servers are buried or in trouble.   Accessing the app I see my inventory is VERY slow to populate, sometimes claims I've no devices for a few seconds.   Other times it reports all devices are off-line.  A restart of the app and some patience and all is well.

Nothing cooking here.  Networks fine, Feit, Streaming, and Alexa alll 100%  Network is clear, ISP looks clean.

Maybe suggest to the IT guy's users reporting odd behavior on Sunday?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cloud Services OK?-Solution
2022-11-08 02:31:16 - last edited 2022-11-08 06:09:30
Whatever it was cleared by morning and has been back to its usual responsive self. Guess we'll just call it one of life's little mystery's. Thanks, -d
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Cloud Services OK?
2022-11-07 19:08:08

@dafish,

Most issues with our cloud are fixed within a few minutes and are rarely spread over long periods. I think that the behavior that you are experiencing is a result of the new Kasa 3.0 app. The team pushed out a few fixes already, and now updates should be released periodically with improvements and new features.

For now, our users that experienced issues found that if they went into their phone settings and disabled the local control permission, the app would then behave as expected with instant access to devices and reduced waits. Just keep in mind that this setting must be turned back on for a new device to be added to the Kasa App.

TP-Link does have a cloud services status page, however, I am not sure how up-to-date the past incidents section is.

Options
Re:Cloud Services OK?
2022-11-08 02:20:03

@dafish

Mine seems to work fine on the latest Kasa app, IOS version 3.1.2 . Do you use an Andriod or IOS, is the app up to date?

Options
Re:Cloud Services OK?-Solution
2022-11-08 02:31:16 - last edited 2022-11-08 06:09:30
Whatever it was cleared by morning and has been back to its usual responsive self. Guess we'll just call it one of life's little mystery's. Thanks, -d
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 377

Replies: 3

Related Articles