Votes

4 way switch

Votes

4 way switch

135 Reply
Re:4 way switch
2024-08-29 16:46:36

@RetroTechFan 

I have one four-way in the middle and two three-way switches. I put in two smart switches for this three ways and set them up as individual switches not together. But still, it is not working correctly. Any know how to fix this. 

Options
RE:4 way switch
2024-09-15 16:47:31
Please pursue this product line expansion.
Options
2 weeks ago

I have two HS230 kits setup with 4 ways in middle. Like others stated, the 3-ways work but the 4-way does not. When the 4-way is thrown when off, the 3-way senses the configuration change and turns it back off before the light comes on. When the 4-way is thrown with the light on, the light goes out momentarily while the 3-way senses the change and turns the light back on. 
I was hoping the was a configuration change in the firmware that would tell it to not switch the circuit when it senses the change. Instead it should just register the light in the new state (On/Off). This would make the 4-way work. Unfortunately, it is set to maintain the state that it believes the lights should be in. 
Why not a firmware configuration change if not making a 4-way switch?

Options
2 weeks ago

Instead of a firmware update, they should simply produce the 4-way switch that everybody here is asking for.

Options
Re:4 way switch
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

Hi - 

I am trying to install a 4 way circuit with two HS-210 3-way switches and two dumb 4-ways in the middle. Having trouble and found this 5 year old thread online so I thought I would ask for help. 

I have successfully installed several Kasa 2-way and 3-way switches before, but this is my first attempt at a 4-way. 

All 4 paddles all work perfectly. The problem is that it usually takes two taps on the button in the app to turn the light on and off. That tells me that each smart switch can't see what the other one is doing and doesn't know whether the circuit is on or off. 

I have tried installing each end as the primary and then pairing the other. I have also tried installing one end to the wifi by itself as a "single" three way and leaving the other end unpaired and "dumb". I have also uninstalled one of the smart switches and reinstalled a dumb switch. None of these ideas work. 

In all scenarios, the paddles work just like they are supposed to but it takes a couple of attempts in the app to get the lights on or off. 

This is an improvement in that I can turn the lights on and off remotely now, but since the app can't tell definitely whether the circuit is on or off, I can't fully automate these lights like I had intended. 

Is there something I am missing? The ony thing I can think of is that the two ends of the circuit are petty far apart - about 80 feet - could that be interfering with how they are paired?

A four way smart switch right in the middle would seriously solve this problem!

Options

Voters 23

+ 19 Voters