Deco mesh not allowing wifi calling from iphones

Yesterday
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 3.8.24

After this new mesh system was installed about a month ago, iPhones no longer connect to WiFi even though WIFI calling is selected on phones. The only way to connect for WiFI calling is to turn on Airplane Mode. Have followed most of the instructions to change router settings via the Deco app but the problem persists. BTW there is no 'mesh technology for smartphone' option in the app. I have done everything except addressing the ports. Please advise.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco mesh not allowing wifi calling from iphones
19 hours ago

@DeborahHenry Your carrier has to support it first of all, sounds like that did previously.  Also what version of iPhones?  Do yo have any other H/W, S/W or VPNs in place that might be interfering with it?  Also try restarting the iPhones  Mine says "T-Mobile WIfi" all the time and I have 3xXE5300 Deco Units. 

Options
Re:Deco mesh not allowing wifi calling from iphones
12 hours ago

@DeborahHenry the latest firmware version for this router is actually V2_1.2.9 Build 20240724.  You can download it from the product page. Having the wrong firmware version can cause the issue you're seeing. 

Also, makes sure your iPhones have the latest version of iOS, and reset the network settings on the iPhones - Settings>General>Transfer or Reset iPhone>Reset>Reset Network Settings; if that doesn't work, you need to contact your carrier to see why they disabled wireless calling on your account. 

Options