BGW320 - AX10000 - XE75p configuration

Thursday
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've read a few threads, watch a few vids and haven't come across the answer or maybe I missed it from not understanding completely, but I have a BGW320 and an archer AX10000.  I just picked up some Deco XE75 pros.  The rooms that are wired feed into the BGW320.  The AX10000 is in an adjacent game room with several devices wired to it.  Do I need to wire a Deco unit to the AX10000 as sacrificial or will I get the optimal performance by wiring at least one or all of the Deco units to the BGW320?  Most of the TVs and another computer are wired into the BGW320 across the house separate from the game room and everything else uses the wifi from the AX10000 as it's connection point.  The scenarios I am looking are below.  Thanks in advance!

Options
2 Reply
Re:BGW320 - AX10000 - XE75p configuration
Friday
After reading more, would it be better to use the ax10000 as an AP with the BGW or do IP passthrough and use the deco's as AP with the ax10000? Keep in mind, I can hardwire 2 or all of the deco units that will run through the BGW. What network would that create if since the wired traffic will be through the BGW and any AP would be through the ax10000? Does it make sense to use the deco units as AP to the ax10000 if wired through the BGW? I guess really, it would be which router will handle the traffic more efficiently and faster?
Options
Re:BGW320 - AX10000 - XE75p configuration
Saturday

@Jonesing4 

I believe you will get the optimal behaviour by

• running the Archer in Access Point mode
  • disabling the wifi of the Archer
  • setting the Operation Mode of the Deco to Access Point

If you do that, all your scenarios are valid.

If you run the Deco in Router mode, then only the first and last scenarios are valid.

If you run the Archer in Router mode, with the third and fourth scenarios, the devices connected on the Deco will not be able to communicate with the devices connected to the Archer.

Theoretically, you will get the best performance by wiring all Decos to the BGW (third scenario).  However, I do not expect the performance would significantly differ with the other scenarios, and I would not choose a scenario based on performance (given that everything is cabled).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 60

Replies: 2

Related Articles