Votes

Ability to bind a client to a specific AP/Router in Mesh Mode

3 weeks ago
Model: Archer BE550  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.11 Build 20240807 rel. 25691

Spent $800 on three BE550's for my home. I have a router in my basement, main story, and on the second story. These work great but lack advanced features needed to properly administer my home network.

My previous routers were ASUS. I had the option to bind clients to a specific node as clients did not always choose the best one. For instance, I have a chromecast in my living room and for whatever reason it loves the basement router. There's a strange issue where the signal isn't the best to the basement AP so I've always just bound the device to the main floor router, no issues. 

After setting up the new, shiny,  BE 550routers, I noticed this very simple feature is not present. The only option I have is to hard wire the chrome cast to a router to fix the issue. This is insane. Can a firmware update please fix this? Really not looking to hook my old ASUS routers back up but I can't even stream 4k media on my chromecast as the signal isn't good enough. I get 1gig up and down for speeds via fiber. 

It'd be extremely practical for me if I could bind certain clients to the nearest router! I understand the client is probably the issue but the routers need this extra function as most clients do not always choose the best destination AP

I've been waiting patiently for 6 months, posting again. Thank you!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 72

Replies: 0

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.