Deco BE BE95 — Client Reporting Problems

2024-08-12 14:34:11
Tags: #Client Devices #client reporting
Model: Deco BE95  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.20 Build 20240601 Rel.74164

First, the client list with the TP-Link Deco Andriod App Version 3.7.83 (July 12, 2024) becomes stale and does not update.  For instance, I'll get a notification that a device has joined the network, but I can only find the newly-joined device in "offline clients.  Or after I power on a device and connect a new device to the network the device is not listed.  The list will remain stale indefinitely.  A device reboot will refresh the list, but, obviously, that is not an acceptable work around.

Second, using the web interface shows 0 clients, even thought the app shows 84 (albiet stale information).

fe88c0255c9e468f8fe712369105077f

Anything I can do on my end to help with these issues?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco BE BE95 — Client Reporting Problems
2024-08-12 22:20:36

@TheUsualSuspect,

I will need to get in touch with my team to know if there is anything that could prevent the WebUI from updating.

For more information:

• What is the Hardware Version of Your BE95 (Found on the Label of the Deco)?
  • Are you using your Decos in Router or AP mode?
  • Do you pass your Deco traffic through a network switch?

For the Deco App:

1. When a new device connects, does the client list update - just placing the device in the wrong category(online/offline)?
  2. "A Device Reboot Will Refresh the List" - Rebooting the Router, or the Client Device? This will cause the device to then appear in the Online Category?
  3. When a device disconnects from the network, does the client list update?
  4. Does the behavior remain the same with both wired and wireless client connections?
  5. Will completely closing out of the Deco App refresh the client list when reopened?

Options
2024-08-13 00:59:08

@Riley_S 

Don't see a "ver" or "version" on the label.  There is a US/1.6 on the label so, maybe version 6?

I have two Decos.  Operation Mode is set to Wi-Fi Router (not Access Point).

The network configuration is as so (dashes equal Ethernet CAT8 cables):

AT&T Fiber Optic Modem-----Motorola BGW210-700 DSL UVerse Router in Pass-through mode-------(2.5GB)Main Deco(10GB)------(10GB)Satellite Deco

The other 10GB Main Deco Port goes to a ProSafe XS505M 10GB Router that then goes to the 10GB port of a TPLink TLS63428X Router.  The TPLink TLS63428X router has 16 of its 1GB ports going to various devices, including a PC where I accessed the main Deco's IP address in an attempt to get the client list.

The Decos are acting as the DHCP server that gives out IP addresses.  The Decos have WiFi enabled and are broadcasting 2.4, 5, and 6 GHz SSID's.  MLO is disabled.

As to your questions:

1. When a new device connects, does the client list update - just placing the device in the wrong category(online/offline)?

I just set my phone to randomized MAC to simulate a new device and connected.  I got a new IPA, but the device is not listed in the client list anywhere (can't find IPA or new radomized MAC address).

2. "A Device Reboot Will Refresh the List" - Rebooting the Router, or the Client Device? This will cause the device to then appear in the Online Category?

A Deco Router reboot will update the client list that can be accessed through the Deco App.  A client device reboot has no effect.  I only have to reboot the main.  Yes, the new device will then appear in the client list as on line and with the correct information (IPA, network connection, MAC address, etc.).

3. When a device disconnects from the network, does the client list update?

So, I'm not sure and I just rebooted the router to answer question 2, so the list is no longer frozen and working on the App and through the web interface. Next time it freezes I'll check.

4.Does the behavior remain the same with both wired and wireless client connections?

Same answer for number 3.  I should have checked this before rebooting.  Next time it freezes I'll check.

5. Will completely closing out of the Deco App refresh the client list when reopened?

No.  Closing the app has no effect.  Likewise clearing the cache has no effect.

Options
a week ago

@Riley_S So, I've given it a while and installed an update.  The issue has not reappeared.  I'm going to put this is in the "fixed" category.

Options
Yesterday

@TheUsualSuspect,

Thanks for letting us know. Decos and Archers are also currently receiving updates for their client list functionality. In fact, we have started working with Fing to better detect and identify the devices on your network. Hopefully, this will resolve any outstanding behaviors and will help to better identify all your devices.

Apologies for not getting back to you originally; your post nearly teed off a large series of communications amongst our teams about this behavior and similar behaviors seen on other models.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 254

Replies: 4

Tags

Client Devices
client reporting
Related Articles