Deco app stated I had a new firmware available - but that's not the case.

2024-08-08 12:50:32
Model: Deco X95  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.4

Hello, this morning my Deco app stated there was a new firmware version available to download.  When I go into the app itself to check for updates, it states there's nothing available and that I'm still on the latest firmware 1.2.4 that was about a year ago.

Any clue why it stated that?  I hope there actually is a firmware update available since it's been so long for the X95's to receive one!

Thanks for the help.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco app stated I had a new firmware available - but that's not the case.
2024-08-08 16:40:32

@BigBode,

I believe that we will see optimizations rolled out to various decos over the next few months. According to your firmware download page, the most recent firmware update was actually 1.2.3, so you are using a more recent version than what we have listed on our site. X95 Downloads

It is possible that your Decos were set to automatically apply the update - but our teams update the firmware pages each monday with the previous week's firmware so you should be able to find the patch notes then. 

Options
Re:Deco app stated I had a new firmware available - but that's not the case.
2024-08-08 17:07:24

@Riley_S I've had them on 1.2.4 since I bought them a few weeks ago 🤷🏻‍♂️.  I've seen the same on the download page that they're only 1.2.3 as well, any clue why mine is on 1.2.4?

and good to hear!  Any clue what the notification was this morning?  Or any insight on when the x95's might actually get the optimized update?

thank you!

Options