OpenVPN with Deco

OpenVPN with Deco

OpenVPN with Deco
OpenVPN with Deco
2024-08-03 06:06:48

I am an IT guy with pretty advanced knowledge of Linux but I don't know squat about networking. I am trying to setup a VPN for my wife's business but I'm currently failing miserably. Here is my scenario:

Small business is using TP-link router that supports openVPN. DHCP serves addresses 192.168.0.3- 192.168.0.252

My home uses the same TP-link router that supports openVPN. DHCP serves addresses 192.168.68.50 - 192.168.71.250

I went on the small business router and turned on openVPN. VPN port is 1194 and VPN subnet is 10.8.0.0 with netmask 255.255.255.0. I exported the config and imported it into my OpenVPN client that is running on my laptop at home. I am able to connect to the small business VPN with the client software running on my laptop just fine. However, I can't ping any of the devices that exist on the small business network. I have disabled Windows Firewall that runs on both the laptop (client) and the small business PC that I am trying to ping.

Here is what I am trying to accomplish in the end: The small business has a server on the network that runs a specific software. Every other computer on the network runs client software that connects to this server. I want to install this client software on my laptop at home, and it still be able to connect to the server at the small business.

What am I doing wrong?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 122

Replies: 0

Related Articles