Amazon Kindle will not connect to my new Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-26 22:58:24
Model: Archer AXE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

My 3rd Gen Amazon Kindle will not connect to my new router.  Any ideas for how to make it happen?

I have attempted several times to connect the Kindle with the basic SSID and Password (the Kindle searches, tries to connect, but says FAIL).

I am trying to do a manual connection setup, but am stymied; the Kindle asks for SUBNET MASK, ROUTER, DNS and SECURITY TYPE. I am clueless on these bits of info.

Any help would be appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Amazon Kindle will not connect to my new Router
2024-02-28 00:33:34

Hey @Dr_T ,

You may consider simply setting up your IoT network or Guest Network for the device, as the lesser security and increased compatibility can often allow these connections through.

For the manual connection, you should be able to quickly find all this information in either the Tether App or WebUI, however it is likely easier to find on the WebUI. I am not positive what is being requestd by "Router", so I would need a screenshot of the setting (It also may not be a significant setting for connecting)

Your Subnet Mask will be something in the form of 255.255.255.0

Your DNS will be available in the App or Web UI. This setting is commonly changed, and people will often change it to use Cloudflares(1.1.1.1) or Google Server (8.8.8.8). If you have not changed it, it will use TP-Link's default DNS service,

Security Type: Can be found in the wireless settings that you are connecting to: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/3085/ (If you still cannot connect, you should try a guest/iot network with a lesser setting such as WPA2)

image-20220824162101-4,20220824083033z

Lastly, check to see if your Kindle supports WPS - which is an automatic process involving a specific button on the router: Configure a Device through WPS

Options