Data usage reporting for Deco XE75

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-14 13:32:18
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.2.3 20231011 Rel. 60272

Hi,

I have 3 XE75's. 1 is in router mode and 2 are in access point mode.

I want to have a report that shows my current data usage (current week/month) and my past data usage (previous week/month).

I've been looking into this, but can't seem to find a definitive answer on what is available and, if available, where I can find those reports.

As far as I can tell, there currently isn't a way of seeing the current data usage, be it a general overview of amount of GB's this week/month or an overview per device per week/month. I did find this thread requesting this feature, which would confirm my suspicion.

For past data usage, I get conflicting results:

• Data usage is available in the monthly report. However I don't have the "Consumption of traffic" section in my report. (According to the following Reddit thread)
  • Data usage is only available if you subscribe to the HomeShield service, which will also start monitoring what websites are being visited and such, which is something I don't want (According to the following thread and the screenshots on the Homeshield page)
  • Data usage is only available in the weekly/monthly reports when Parental Controls are enabled. For this you need to set up a profile with multiple devices or one profile per device you'd want to track usage for. (This is according to the following comment on a thread)

So my questions are:

• What type of reporting IS available for my devices and what type of reporting ISN'T?
  • Do I really need the Homeshield service to get this type of reporting (because currently, my weekly/monthly report only has the section "Connected devices", which is makes these reports pretty useless)
  • Do I really need to set up Parental Control and create a separate profile per device to be able to monitor my past data usage?

Kind regards,

Michaël

Options