Can’t find nor connect to 2.4G network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-26 21:45:22
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.5

I have an Archer 4000 router. I can't find nor connect to the 2.4G network.

I can see the 2.4G network and the password in the tether app, however it won't show up when I do a WiFi search on any device. Also all my smart home  devices (which use the 2.4G) lost WiFi access immediately after I did the most recent firmware update. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can’t find nor connect to 2.4G network
2023-11-27 19:12:27

@KennyP1,

Check the LED on the router to see if the light for the 2.4 GHz network is lit. 

I would also double-check to verify that the option to enable the 2.4GHz wireless radio is checked from either the WebUI or Tether App.

Have you restarted the router since the firmware update?

Options
2023-11-27 21:28:20

@Riley_S 

Yes, the 2.4G indicator light on the router is lit. In the tether app the 2.4G switch is on. However, when checking connected devices, only the 5G bandwidth has devices connected. I power cycled the router a few time as well as reboot it from the app. No change. Still can't find the 2.4G option in the WiFi list. 

Options
2023-11-29 07:59:30

KennyP1 wrote

I have an Archer 4000 router. I can't find nor connect to the 2.4G network.

I can see the 2.4G network and the password in the tether app, however it won't show up when I do a WiFi search on any device. Also all my smart home  devices (which use the 2.4G) lost WiFi access immediately after I did the most recent firmware update. 

@KennyP1 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 427

Replies: 3

Related Articles