Really Unhappy with my purchase

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-22 00:57:21
Model: Archer AXE95  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20230804 rel.64045(5553)

I purchased this router just the other day during a sale leading up to Black Friday.  I did my due diligence, asked around and everything was pointing to this being a very good router.  I got it home and setup in no time at all.

This is where my troubles began.  As I started to walk through the router GUI I kept looking for things that were just not there. I cannot view a devices usage.  My other router let me see what the kids were watching at 11pm.  This way I could shut that down then and there.  I guess the best way I can put it is that the interface is really Dumb Down.  There should be some sort of switch to allow experienced users to switch between an "Advanced" and "Simple" user interface.

I would not recommend this router to anyone who wishes or requires the granularity to adjust and setup their router.

I still thinking about taking it back.  I would suggest anyone looking at this router read these threads before making a decision.  This is where I finally found out it's limitations.  No ad or review is going to tell you this.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Really Unhappy with my purchase
2023-11-22 21:54:31 - last edited 2023-11-22 21:56:12

@Lakewood 

I'm not a big fan of the GUI, but I knew what I was going to get before I purchased since I could try the GUI emulator first.

I could see that there were features I wouldn't use and that there was one that I would like, but it didn't include. I'm O.K. with that since it was apparent before I purchased. I found the emulator to be a nice surprise.

Having said that, if some of the features you're looking for don't work as expected, try disabling IPv6. Some of these features (that I'm not really interested in) only apply to IPv4 traffic.

I was disappointed to see that client IPv6 addresses don't appear in the client list. I eventually found them buried at the end of the IPv6 page under firewall exceptions. Sucks that support didn't point that out when I mentioned that they didn't appear where expected.

Try whitelisting the MACs of all the clients you'll allow after they're all connected. Don't allow access to clients not whitelisted. Kids may complain when the phone that connected yesterday won't connect today. Tell them to turn off MAC randomizing  for that connection; use the actual phone MAC. You can block them whenever you like then.

I didn't turn off IPv6 because I'm not trying to control kids. My house is child-proofed. Haven't had one get in yet.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 329

Replies: 1

Related Articles