Wifi extender made my base wifi to have no internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-22 22:26:05
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Idk

We live in 4 floor building, and at the ground floor is router. We have extenders, which doesnt create its own wifi, just extends it on every floor from our provider, to use the wifi on any floor. But my grandma on ground floor was having often conectivity issues with her tv, so I bought her extender from you, connected it to our wifi, and its making extended wifi which I connected to her tv. And the problem is, that now only her tv is connected. Now the base wifi is showing no internet on every laptop, and for some reason its working on every phone. How can I fix it? Is it made so that you can only use the extended wifi or what?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wifi extender made my base wifi to have no internet
2023-10-23 17:54:12

@c0ldark,

Can you provide a but more information about what your setup looks like and how everything is connected? What router are you using and what are the extenders on each floor?

Adding a Range Extender should not affect the entire network once it is connected. Can you see if the router itself shows no internet connection via the LED lights, or just devices connected to it? 

Does the Extender's Wi-Fi share the name of the main network, or is it a completely separate network? If it is using a similar name, your devices are most likely confused and do not know whether to join your main network, or the extenders.

Options