Changed ISP now VPN isint working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-12 12:36:52 - last edited 2023-07-12 13:00:29

I have an AC2300 that was working behind a Spectrum Cable modem. Open VPN server has been working flawlesly. I now changed to Bluestream fiber internet with AC2300 wired to the Calix ONU/Router. I did setup to port forward on the Calix ONU with the port i was using in Open Vpn, I forwarded to all ips on my network, still no sucess connecting to the Tplink AC2300 router VPN when I am not home. Is there something else I should do?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Changed ISP now VPN isint working
2023-07-13 21:52:23 - last edited 2023-07-13 21:53:00

@Ede,

If your fiber modem/router is capable of broadcasting a wireless connection, I would recommend looking at disabling the routing functionality by enabling Bridge Mode on it.

If bridge mode is not enabled, and the AC2300 is operating in Router Mode, you are experiencing Dual NAT. From looking around, it looks like most people recommend enabling Bridge Mode for most Calix devices.

Your traffic would also still be subject to the firewall created by the Calix gateway, which may be blocking the VPN connection.

Options
2023-07-13 23:20:07

@Riley_S 

Thanks for your response

I dont have wireless on on either router. The are function purely as wired connections. The Tplink does have bridge mode but the Calix doesnt. I tried turning off all filtering on the Calix but that didnt help.

This did work in dual router before, or is the cable modem just an Ap that was connected to the Tplink? I hate to think I now have to pay for VPN.

Options
2023-07-14 19:25:17

@Ede,

Is your order of connections:

Fiber> Calix> TP-Link or Fiber > TP-Link > Calix

From What I can tell, you need to be using the first setup - with either the calix gateway in bridge/passthrough mode, or the TP-Link router in AP mode.

What specific model calix gateway do you have so i can go and look at the possible connections.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 506

Replies: 3

Related Articles