Deco X55 recent install automatically connecting devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-03 16:38:21
Tags: #Deco x55

I recently ordered the Deco X55 wifi 6 home mesh wifi system. Install was easy and I've set up all 3 nodes in my home and connected a few devices manually through the app. 

My question is regarding other items connecting automatically. I'm getting notifications in my phone saying "xxx device has joined the network." These are a range of devices from smart home switches and plugs to amazon fire stick and TVs. Occasionally it will be devices that I'm not familiar with too. 

I'm not manually connecting these devices to my new network nor have I approved them.

How are they automatically connecting to the new network without me putting in the network password for each individual device? 

How do I stop new devices from automatically connecting?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco X55 recent install automatically connecting devices
2023-07-04 07:07:00

@HomeBoundWifi Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback. Mobile clients always need the wireless password before connecting to the Wi-Fi of Deco. And the latest time I saw this feedback from an unfamiliar device notification is due to the private MAC address. You could check whether Connection Alerts has been enabled under Deco APP>More first. As for unfamiliar devices, it is suggested to turn off "Private message" under WLAN Settings, especially for Apple devices. If there are still more unknown devices, please move them to the "Block List"

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 692

Replies: 1

Tags

Deco x55
Related Articles