No realtime speed and some devices not shown in deco app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-15 09:46:01
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20221209 Rel. 57967

I have just bought and setup a wifi mesh system with 3 Deco XE75(2.0) units (1 is wifi router). This is replacing our old Google wifi mesh. We had to get something else since our new ISP requires equipment that can handle PPPoE with VLAN tags.

So far all our devices (25+) seem to connect and function fine on the Deco wifi. But some of our devices do not show up in the Deco app even when having network activity like streaming movies.

I have also tried downloading from a wifi connected PC with 6-7 MB/s (over several minutes). The Deco app shows the PC client having 0-4 Kbps.

When selecting a Deco unit in the app i can see it having around 70Mbps download activity. The list of 6 clients below it is all shown with close to 0 Kbps.

This is horrible for troubleshooting when the network is overloaded (usually a kids device).

I think i should be able to:

1. See all network clients.
  2. See realtime network load for each client.

Firmware version on all 3 units is 1.0.1 Build 20221209 Rel. 57967

Do you have any suggestions for fixing this or is this "just normal" ?

Options
2 Reply
Re:No realtime speed and some devices not shown in deco app
2023-04-18 11:38:44

@thomasbc 

Hi, welcome to the community.

May I know the model number of the devices that did not show up on the Deco APP?

Are they all wirelessly connected to the nearest Deco?

How about the network setup of the 3*Deco XE75? Did they connect to each other via wireless Backhaul or Ethernet Backhaul?

If possible, please also help me submit the Deco APP log here:

How to submit Deco APP log

For the real-time data rate on the Deco APP, the speed here is a little confusing. Currently, it only calculates the traffic date via software acceleration. (So if you have enabled the QOS on Deco XE75, you might see a higher real-time speed here). By default, Deco uses hardware acceleration since hardware acceleration offers higher performance compared to software acceleration.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:No realtime speed and some devices not shown in deco app
2023-04-20 13:31:26

Hi  @David-TP and thank you

My XE75 devices uses wireless backhaul (6GHz dedicated).

I have now investigated all devices listed by Deco and figured out that some where just "mis-labeled". Fx. i discovered an Lenovo tablet by default uses a random mac address and that results in the device being shown as something else. That's is not a fault of the Deco app/system, so 1. is no longer relevant. Sorry for the confusion.

I had actually activated QoS (500Mbps) just in case we should need it at some point. After deactivating QoS it now looks like i see the real-time data rate of the clients. What i experienced was the opposite of your description. I saw close to no network activity on active devices.

I'm happy now. I see (and understand) my devices. I also see my devices traffic load.

Thank you for your assistance.

/Thomas

Options