AX1500 doesn't recognize firmware files after installing beta version

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-17 16:59:13
Tags: #Firmware Update #ax1500
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.3 Build 20230106 Rel. 70054(5553)

Hi.

After upgrading my firmware on my AX1500 V1 according to this post: Wireless signal may disappear after upgrading Archer AX10/AX1500 V1 firmware to 1.3.3 Build 20220815 - Home Network Community (tp-link.com) to 1.3.3 Build 20230106 Rel. 70054(5553) (on the link provided for the AX1500), I found out it changes the equipment to an AX10. Not only that, you can't downgrade or install any firmware for AX1500 as it won't recognize them anymore. 

I did a factory reset, but it won't reset the firmware. So what can I do?

Just to be clear: I installed the firmware for AX1500, not the one for AX10 - You can test it if you want. 

Thanks

Options
4 Reply
Re:AX1500 doesn't recognize firmware files after installing beta version
2023-02-17 18:20:40

@rpmzine,

I would recommend getting in direct contact with our support teams through chat or phone. The firmware and post you listed are from our EN site and does not list that it applied to models outside of that region. When Betas are posted, they will always indicate what region they can be used for. Unless you have an EN region router, the firmware should not have been installed on the device, as the firmware between US and EN will differ due to regulations and model availability. If you are outside the US, I would recommend posting to the EN community, as they were the ones that were given the beta to distribute and may have a solution

Options
2023-02-17 20:22:13

@Riley_S Hi, Riley. It is actually a US device, so it is all good.

What I did find out, however, is that in the back of the device, there is a Model Device AX10 AND a Model AX1500 below it. So I would imagine that it is an AX1500 firmware for the AX10 model, whatever that means.

But it can't be downgraded. It works, but not downgrades. 

Options
2023-02-18 00:16:22

Unofortunately, I still do not know if that beta firmware was meant for use with US models, but as you are indicating that everything is working fine, I would not worry.

The AX10 and AX1500 are, technically speaking the model name and the speed of the network. There are cases where specific model names may use the AX1500 version, especially if this version of the device was sold through a retailer. In most cases, there is no real difference, especially where firmware is provided for both models at the same time.

From what I have seen from other Archer firmware updates, the hardware version on the WebUI is  hardcoded version and does not actually look at the hardware of the device; which is why we always recommend looking at the label on the device.

I do not know what version you were attempting to downgrade to, however, the post from the EN community does indicate that you can downgrade to a specific version. Make sure that this is the firmware you were trying to use

Options
2023-02-20 09:00:38

Hello @rpmzine 

Sorry for jumping in.

You may verify the model number of your actual number by checking the router bottom label, which should begin with Archer AX. If it displays as Archer AX10 on its web interface page, I believe its actual model is Archer AX10 but not Archer AX1500.

Again, as Riley has already mentioned since the router is functioning properly, please don't worry about its functionality.

BTW, this community is mainly for customers in the United States, we have a global community for you. You can open threads or ask questions there:

https://community.tp-link.com/en

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 669

Replies: 4

Tags

Related Articles