Issues with clients connecting to the furthest point rather than the closest

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-04 20:04:11

I've just installed a two pack, XE 75 to my Verizon 5G box. I am having issues with clients connecting to the proper points example my living room TV that has a .5 feet from it is connecting to the other points on the other side of the house. Also numerous issues with Roku's that are connected, but when you shut them off and turn them

Options
2 Reply
Re:Issues with clients connecting to the furthest point rather than the closest
2023-01-19 22:35:35

@DanD37 I have the same issue! Someone help

Options
Re:Issues with clients connecting to the furthest point rather than the closest
2023-01-20 17:50:39

@DanD37 same issues here. When I connect to the closest point, my speeds are okay (not what I expected, but okay I suppose). The problem is, none of my devices seem to connect to the closest router (and often connect to one of the farthest away). I have fast switching on and mesh set for everything. 

Also, like you, have a lot of problems with connect with respect to certain devices. Not Rokus specifically, but primarily Google home devices (speakers, smart displays, etc.). Never had any issues on my prior mesh network (which wasn't TP-Link), but every single day I deal with it now since I've switched to an XE75/XE75 Pro deco setup. The worst part of it all, I have google speaker in each of my chidrens' rooms so they can listen to white noise at night. Every other night or so one of them is waking me up in the middle of the night because their speaker is having a connection issue and I have to restart. Very frustrating. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 382

Replies: 2

Related Articles