Archer AX21 dropping connection every few minutes on one device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-12 03:41:24
Model: Archer AX21  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I purchased a brand new Archer AX21 a couple of days ago. It was working fine with the exception of 1 time it dropped the connection. Today it started to drop the wifi connection between my PC every few minutes. It will literally disconnect and reconnect every 2-5 minutes. Rebooting the modem and router did not solve this issue. Interestingly enough, it only drops the wifi connection on my PC. All other wireless devices connected to the router continue to have internet connection. I tested this by connecting my phone and my Roku to the router and playing music through my phone. While wifi would drop on my PC, the music continued playing on the phone connected to the router. Thought it might be my wifi adapter, so I connected the PC to a mobile hotspot and had a stable connection for hours. Also, for some reason the router configuration page doesn't load all the settings. I wanted to manually change the channels for the 2.4 and 5.4 bands, but when I click on the wireless settings, the wireless settings page quickly displays all the settings and half of the settings (settings to change the channels manually) disappear nearly instantly. Strange behavior.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer AX21 dropping connection every few minutes on one device
2022-11-15 20:56:55

@MrWestCoast,

My first instinct is that MAC Cloning is the solution for this behavior. Take a look at this KB regarding MAC cloning: What is MAC Cloning

Since it is only your PC dropping the connection, we know that it is a configuration setting between your router and PC that is causing the disconnect. To provide a reliable connection to your PC, you may try creating a static IP reservation for your PC from your router's settings.

I would recommend forgetting the network from the list of known networks on your PC. Also, try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for your network adapter.

If your Smart Connect Feature is enabled, you will only be presented with the settings for the Unified network, not individual bands. If you cant, find the settings that you would like to change, try navigating to the advanced section to find the setting.

If none of the above help, please provide the network adapter you are using on your PC. YOu could also try to take a peek into your router's logs to see if anything stands out or is identified as an error, however It may be hard to find as it is only affecting one device.

On a personal note, for my network at home, whenever I have an issue with my PC connection, a restart usually fixes the behavior as it will force the PC to get new information about its connection. A quicker way of doing this rather than restarting is to open the command prompt and type: 

ipconfig /release

*wait*

ipconfig /renew 

These commands force your PC to clear its IP settings for the network adapters and then receive a new IP/information from the network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 590

Replies: 1

Related Articles