Deco satellite connecting to main deco rather than closer satellite

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco satellite connecting to main deco rather than closer satellite

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
12 Reply
Re:Deco satellite connecting to main deco rather than closer satellite
2023-01-04 01:48:23

@DeputyDaveS,

The feature to select the signal source for satellite deco nodes is actually currently under development for some deco models, and is available for a few running 1.6 firmware. However, I believe that the feature is only availiable when ALL the deco nodes on the network support the feature.

Options
Re:Deco satellite connecting to main deco rather than closer satellite
2023-01-04 13:48:41

f2c8e18b3e394898955c5d25fab6283e  @smarkkham604     @smarkkham604 

Yes the Daisy chaining works.  

In my situation,  going from main then about 30 feet to my next Kitchen Deco then to the next garage Deco about 30 feet away from the Kitchen Deco. Ok, the only way I could get it to "Daisy chain" was to (sort of)  "Faraday" my Garage Deco. That is 2 say I wrapped my garage Deco with aluminum flashing material so ALL SIGNALS would be drastically reduced. But still have some signal "leakage". This way in order for this garage Deco 2 work it must pick up the weak signal of the Kitchen Deco and NOT the main Deco.  And LOW AND BEHOLD the signal 📶 was connected to the Kitchen Deco. I achieved a "Daisy chain". I almost fell out of me chair when I saw that. so obviously I went back to me garage Deco and unwrapped it from its "Faraday cage"  and the "Daisy Chain" is still funtional.  WHAT A HELL OF A WAY OF DOING THIS BUT IT WORKED. I hope in the near future Deco will rewritte the coding to allow you to choose what and where each Deco unit will receive it’s signal.  

But YES!  ladies & Gentlemen, after a year of trying I have finally achieved a working mesh "Daisy Chain".

I hope this helps you.  Happy 😄 New Year 2023.

Dave C. Stout

Options
Related Articles