AX21 issues with Google Home app on Android, not iOS.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-29 20:41:16 - last edited 2022-08-29 20:43:30
Model: Archer AX21  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I was unable to add or set-up devices in Google Home on my Galaxy Fold 3 despite AP isolation being diabled and UPnP being enabled. After updating the router firmware, the UPnp issue/message went away but the AP isolation was still an issue. I was considering setting up my old router on a separate network, but that solution didn't make sense. My son then asked me if I tried using the Google Home app on an iPhone. I tried it and I was able to add/update/set-up my Nest Hub and JBL Link Music speaker. Could it be an issue with One UI? I haven't verified the issue with a Pixel phone yet. My son has a pair of Nest speakers that need network updating. Will keep you posted.

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX21 issues with Google Home app on Android, not iOS.
2022-08-31 23:03:17

@Gudedomo,

If you were able to set the devices up with the iPhone app, I am inclined to believe that this is phone issue, rather than a network issue; as the Google Home app simply communicates with the servers for the devices. It is definitely strange because you would think that Android would be an easier process for Google Devices. 

At what point in the setup do you hit a wall? Are you not able to even see the other devices to be added?

Otherwise, I would recommend going through the network settings on your phone to see if you have a VPN or Adblocking application preventing the setup from proceeding and connecting to the device.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 298

Replies: 1

Related Articles