Orange light keeps coming and going

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-23 09:32:27
Tags: #Orange light
Model: Archer C24  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.10.0 Build 210830 Rel.72007n(5553)

I'm using the Archer C24 as a second router in my house. The device is connected via Ethernet to my router provided by my ISP. For the past few days at random intervals the internet light turns orange and the devices connected to this router get disconnected, however, when I connect my phone to the router provided by my ISP I get access to the internet. I have 2 Archer C24s that are behaving this way.

I updated firmware, factory reset and even power cycled through all the routers including the one provided by my ISP. I even changed the ports the ethernet wires plug in to my ISP router but I'm still getting the orange light. I even contacted my ISP and they tried to configure some settings on their router but to no avail. Any suggestions?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Orange light keeps coming and going
2022-08-24 01:16:10

@AmayShah 

Is the Archer C24 working in Router mode or Access Point mode? When the internet LED turns orange, is there still a WAN IP address on its web GUI?

If your ISP router is a modem router, please try to switch the C24 to Access Point mode to determine if it connects stably to the ISP router. This is the guide to change the router to Access Point mode.

If the issue persists, please go through this thread to do some troubleshooting to determine if any will help.

BTW, who is your ISP?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 380

Replies: 1

Tags

Orange light
Related Articles