Deco X55 Wifi 6 speeds don't work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-11 22:27:04
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

Just set up the Deco X55 units and immediately noticed speeds are very underwhelming and hoping I can resolve this before having to return them.

Downlink: ATT Fiber 1Gb down, 1Gb up

Devices:

iPhone 12 Pro with Wifi 6 802.11ax radio

2019 Macbook Pro with 802.11ac radio

I setup one pod of the X55 and it went relatively smoothly. Immedately I noticed speeds were less than half of what they should be. Adding or removing the additional pods was no issue, they would link, but no change on speed.

My iPhone 6 doing an Ookla Speedtest gets about 680 Mbps when using either the ATT Fiber Router (bgw320) or when using a Plume Wifi 6 pod. However with the Deco X55 it was only getting about 300 Mbps right next to the unit. Similarly, my Macbook Pro which only has an AC radio but should get up to about 400-500 Mbps but was only getting barely 100Mbps. Again this is sitting next to the unit and I don't have the same problem with two other Wifi 6 routers.

I updated to the latest firmware but no difference. Eventually I disabled the 5Ghz radio and then re-enabled it which did make an improvement. I can now get around 300 Mbps on my Macbook pro and up to 450 Mbps on my iPhone 12 Pro but still nowhere near the speeds I should be gettng and do get with other routers. It seems like I am maxing out at AC speeds and not getting AX at all for the iPhone. For the Macbook Pro I am still getting at best half of what it's capable of.

I checked that QoS isn't on but other than that, the Deco app is very sparse with almost no ability to debug and not much in the way of settings to try.

What should I be trying that I haven't tried yet? Or are my units just defective?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco X55 Wifi 6 speeds don't work
2022-05-12 08:40:40

@emkman 

Welcome to the community.

Later I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance and could you please help me check the following information:

1. Could you please help me check the Link speed on the MacBook pro when it is linked to the 5ghz of Deco X55, such as, How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client

2. Is your current network layout like: ATT---Arris BGW320---Deco X55?

--I see BGW320 is an ONT router/combo. Do you configure both BGW320 and Deco X55 as routers, or BGW now is a bridge fiber modem and only Deco X55 is the router?

3. Have you checked the speedtest server when iPhone and Mac Pro when they are connected to different speedtest servers, since I used to receive the feedback that the speedtest servers sometimes caused the speed gap?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options