Can connect to VPN but not network folders (No Firewall) (OpenVPN) (Windows 10)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-01 21:26:42
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.7 Build 20180425 rel.62587(5553)

I am using OpenVPN. I can connect to the VPN server but not to any of the Windows 10 networked computers. I have completely disabled the Windows 10 firewall, still unable to connect. I have setup Dynamic DNS with NO-IP. I setup port forwarding in the Virtual Servers menu. Nothing is working. 

I can confirm that I am connecting to the VPN because I can see packets being sent back and forth, and I can also ping my IP. I can also confirm that I can connect to network folders from within the local area network. But I cannot connect to network folders from a client computer via the VPN. 

I am losing my mind here. Please help!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can connect to VPN but not network folders (No Firewall) (OpenVPN) (Windows 10)
2022-02-02 01:36:57

@ReelVibes 

Are you using the Archer C7 as a VPN Server or simply taking advantage of the VPN passthrough that the router allows?

Options
Re:Can connect to VPN but not network folders (No Firewall) (OpenVPN) (Windows 10)
2022-02-02 18:26:37

@Carl I am attempting to use it as a VPN server.

Options
2022-02-03 00:21:23

@ReelVibes 

and did you generate the certificate to your client?  If not try the steps in this FAQ

Options