Three lights on for 5 seconds before powering down

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-11 18:15:48
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Unknown

When Plug in my AC adapter 3 lights on the right side of the unit turn on for five seconds and then turn off. Every time I unplug and plug the power adapter in the same thing happens.

I checked the power adapter and it is putting out 12 volts as it should be. Do you know what the problem could be and/or a way to determine if there is a short internally with a multimeter. Obviously, it would be nice if there was an easy fix. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Three lights on for 5 seconds before powering down
2021-12-16 07:38:09

@88fingers 

Please look at the bottom sticker of the router, where you can find the power requirement, then look at the power adapter being used, be sure they are both 12V 3.3A.

If the power supply is good, move the power adapter to a different plug outlet. Or try a different power adapter if possible.

If none works, I suggest reaching out to the local tech support so they can work with you in looking into the issue further or help with the replacement:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 388

Replies: 1

Related Articles