Keeping getting black page saying page can't load

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-05 04:39:18
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: v 5.8

Ever since we bought this router some pages will not load on the internet.  First, we get a black page saying the page cannot load, and then it refreshes itself and loads the page.  We didn't have this problem before we bought this router.   We have talked to our provider, Spectrum, and we upgraded to a newer modem but they told us there's nothing wrong with the modem.  They also checked the speed and it is also okay.   

I set up the router under the Basic setup.   We are all wireless.   We are also having the same problem with our cell phones.   Sometimes we have to just turn off the wi-fi on our cell phone for the page to load using the cellular data.    The router is in the same location as our previous router.   

Is there a certain setting that should be used in the configuration of the router?   Does it have anything to do with it being a Mesh router and we don't have any Mesh products to go with the router?   We've had it for about two months now and really frustrated.    

Options
2 Reply
Re:Keeping getting black page saying page can't load
2021-09-05 12:02:55

@AngieL 

Check your firmware and be sure it is up to date.

If you are not using MESH, turn that option off. You need multiple MESH devices for that to work.

Do you get the issue when connected via Ethernet?

Are you using the power adapter that came with the router?

Do you have any USB devices attached? If so, try without them.

Options
Re:Keeping getting black page saying page can't load
2021-09-05 15:25:03

@ArcherC8, thanks!   Yes, it was happening when I was using the Ethernet cable or I switched to wifi.    The MESH was turned on so I have turned it off.   I have no USB devices attached to the router or modem, just to my computer.  I am using the power adapter that came with the router.   I did need to update the firmware so I have just done that.   I will post here again once I see if I'm having the same issues.    

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 427

Replies: 2

Related Articles